Reasons to Have a Face Lift
Patients generally choose to have face lift surgery because they are concerned that they are beginning to look older. In a custom-tailored face lift procedure, Dr. Schaffer can tighten and lift the skin from the eyes to the neck into a more youthful position.
Face lift surgery is performed to correct the following characteristics of aging in the face and neck:
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Loss of muscle tone
- Deep wrinkles
- Nasolabial folds (from the nose to the mouth corners)
- Marionette lines (from the mouth corners along the sides of the chin)
- Less defined chin
- Sagging neck
- Tired appearance
Types of Face Lifts
Depending on the facial areas that need correction and your treatment goals, Dr. Schaffer will tailor a surgical plan to suit your individual needs. The different types of face lifts include:
- Standard Face Lift - Also known as a full face lift, this is the most aggressive surgical approach, appropriate when noticeable jowls, obvious sagging and other issues are present. In this procedure, the surgeon removes excess skin, tightens muscles and connective tissue in the face and neck and lifts and repositions the skin. Incisions are discretely placed in the hairline, in the contour of the ear, around the earlobe, and in some cases, a small incision is made under the chin.
- Mini Face Lift - This procedure, designed to address less serious signs of aging, may be recommended to correct a tired appearance and mild loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone. It tightens and lifts the skin but involves little or no work on the neck or the muscles. Recovery is faster, as incisions are shorter in a mini face lift.
- Short Scar Face Lift - This variation of a mini face lift is a less invasive procedure that results in minimal scarring. It lifts the face vertically, and only addresses the face – not the neck. The short scar approach is appropriate for correcting mild to moderate skin laxity and jowls.
Benefits of a Face Lift in Birmingham
A face lift procedure can lift and refresh the face, smooth away wrinkles and firm and tighten the skin to restore a more youthful, refreshed appearance. Schedule a consultation at Schaffer Plastic Surgery in Birmingham to have a face lift treatment plan tailored specifically for you.