Reasons for Having a Neck Lift
Neck lift surgeries can be beneficial for men or women of any age looking to achieve a more gracefully contoured neck. For younger people, a neck lift could help remove sagging skin left over from weight loss or debulk fullness in the central neck as seen in a “double chin.” For older people, a neck lift tightens up loose skin and muscles to achieve a more well-defined, contoured appearance. Neck lift surgery can correct a broad range of cosmetic issues, including:
- Excess skin: An obvious sign of aging is sagging skin under the chin that does not respond well to exercise.
- Excess fat: Often referred to as a “double chin,” even thin people can have excess fat under the chin due to genetics, aging or being unable to cause this area to respond to exercise.
- Turkey wattle: Sagging skin, loose muscles and bands on the neck may create an appearance resembling a turkey wattle—the loose, fleshy tissue under a turkey’s beak. This is one of the more popular reasons why patients opt for neck lift surgery.
- Chin and jawline contours: Excess fat and lax skin in the lower face can create jowls. Removing the excess fat and tightening the skin and muscles in a neck lift procedure can give the chin and jawline a more well-defined, youthful appearance. In many cases, jowls may be more responsive to a face lift.
A neck lift is a unique procedure in that it can take both pounds and years off of a person’s appearance. If you are considering embarking on an appearance enhancing journey, do not forget to consider the important role your neck plays in how you look.
Neck Lift Considerations
Every neck lift surgery conducted at Schaffer Plastic Surgery is unique. A common misconception about neck lifts is that they must be done in conjunction with a facelift; however, this is not true. While facelifts and neck lifts can be done in concert, they may also be better suited as standalone procedures in some cases. Prior to conducting a neck lift, Dr. Schaffer will spend a great deal of time studying each patient’s anatomy and movement in order to use the least amount of surgical intervention possible to achieve the desired result.
Dr. Schaffer also takes great care in strategically placing incisions in areas that will be naturally hidden in order to minimize any scarring. He has also received advanced training on sub-mandibular gland resection procedures, which reduces an unwanted appearance after neck lifts that results in certain glands in the neck appearing to bulge.
The Consultation Process
Your complimentary consultation with Dr. Schaffer is an ideal time to discuss options for facial rejuvenation including injectables, laser treatments, microneedling, and other facial procedures. Depending on your unique rejuvenation goals, Dr. Schaffer may recommend a combination of treatments or surgeries to help you look your absolute best based on your timeline and budget.
At your consultation, topics discussed include timing, preparation, anesthesia choices, recovery, risks, post-operative pain and return to normal activities. Many patients can return to their normal routines 3-4 days after neck lift surgery.
Neck Lift Revision Surgery
Benefits of a Neck Lift Revision
Some of the top benefits of the neck lift revision procedure include:
- Addressing cosmetic issues that occurred as a result of an incorrect surgical technique
- Improving results so that they better complement your natural features
- Boosting your confidence with refined and enhanced results
Reasons To Undergo a Revision for the Neck Lift Procedure
You should consider a neck lift revision if:
- You had your initial surgery performed by an inexperienced surgeon who used an improper technique
- Your personal appearance goals have changed, and you would like to tweak your results
- The tissues of the neck sag and loosen over time
Neck Lift Cost
Schaffer Plastic Surgery accepts CareCredit, a healthcare credit card designed for your health and wellness needs. It's a way to pay for the costs of many treatments and procedures and allows you to make convenient monthly payments. Apply today.
State of the Art Surgery Center
Your neck lift procedure will be conducted at Schaffer Plastic Surgery’s private, state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center which is certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities for adhering to the highest standards of safety. Located across the street from Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, Alabama, the surgery center features ample, convenient parking and a comfortable waiting room for family members. Your surgery will be the only one taking place, meaning you will have the undivided attention of Dr. Schaffer and his staff. Convenience, safety and one-on-one attention are paramount at Schaffer Plastic Surgery.
Visit our photo gallery to see real results from neck lift surgeries performed by Dr. Schaffer. Schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Schaffer today to learn more about tightening and lifting your neck into a more youthful appearance.