Birmingham Lip Augmentation
Full, shapely lips can make all the difference in facial appearance. Throughout the centuries, plump, red lips have been considered a sign of health, youth, and beauty. If you have lips that have thinned, lost the plump, youthful look or disappear when you smile, the problem can be corrected at Schaffer Plastic Surgery in Birmingham, AL. Whether you were born with thin lips or have lost lip volume due to aging, Dr. Christopher Schaffer can perform a lip augmentation procedure to enhance the shape, smoothness, and fullness of your lips.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Lip Augmentation?
Many women have lip augmentation treatment to increase volume, bring balance to overall facial features, or enhance the shape of the lips. When the lips begin to thin with aging, lip enhancement can make a woman look and feel younger and more appealing.
You may be a good candidate for cosmetic treatment to enhance the lips if:
- You feel that your lips are too thin, too small, or the wrong shape
- Your lips have lost fullness and thinned with aging
- Fuller lips will help balance out your facial features
- Your lips have always been thin and barely show when you smile
- You feel self-conscious about the appearance of your lips
Lip Augmentation Procedures in Birmingham
Lip augmentation is a popular cosmetic treatment in the U.S., with thousands of procedures performed every year. Dr. Schaffer offers both surgical and non-surgical lip enhancement procedures. With advances in technology, several different methods of enhancing the lips are available, each appropriate for certain conditions. Dr. Schaffer can recommend the most appropriate procedure for you.
Treatment options for lip enhancement include:
- Dermal fillers: In a quick, minimally-invasive procedure with no downtime, Dr. Schaffer injects FDA-approved hyaluronic acid fillers into the lip area with artistry and precision to improve shape and add fullness to the lips. Results are visible immediately and may last up to 6 months.
- Natural fat transfer: Using state-of-the-art liposuction techniques, Dr. Schaffer gently removes fat from an area of the body that needs contouring and performs skillful injections of natural fat to enhance the appearance of the lips. Using the patient’s own body fat, there is no risk of rejection, only smooth, natural-looking, long-lasting results.
- Lip lift: In this surgical procedure, Dr. Schaffer makes minor incisions inside the lips or under the nose to lift and reshape the lips with long-lasting results. Incision lines are concealed below the nose or inside the mouth.
- Lip implants: In a lip implant procedure, Dr. Schaffer makes small incisions inside the corners of the mouth through which silicone implants are placed in the lips to enhance shape and volume. Results are long-lasting and incision scars are concealed within the mouth.
In a one-on-one consultation at Schaffer Plastic Surgery in Birmingham, Dr. Schaffer will evaluate your lips and facial anatomy, discuss your cosmetic goals and preferences, and recommend a lip augmentation procedure to suit your needs.