As the old saying goes, your eyes are the window into your soul—and they often show the first evidence of aging. If age lines, drooping eyelids or a furrowed brow are getting you down, then it may be time to consider an age-defying cosmetic surgery procedure, such as a blepharoplasty or a brow lift.
At Schaffer Plastic Surgery, Dr. Christopher Schaffer prides himself on his personalized approach and provides superior care to every patient. Dr. Schaffer can work with you to help you decide between the blepharoplasty and the brow lift.
What is a Blepharoplasty?
The blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure to remove excess skin around the eyelids. Commonly referred to as eyelid surgery, this procedure provides patients with a natural-looking crease and a youthful appearance around the eyes. Patients appreciate the fact that the incisions are made at the natural crease, preventing any visible scarring after the procedure.
Top Reasons to Have a Blepharoplasty Performed
- This procedure may enhance your appearance by reducing the tired look that results from sagging skin around the eyelids.
- The symmetry between your eyelids may improve.
- Your vision may also improve, as excess skin around the upper eyelids can be removed.
Reasons Not to Get a Blepharoplasty
The blepharoplasty focuses on removing excess skin and fat on the upper eyelids, so it is best for patients who are looking for dramatic improvements. It is not the ideal procedure for patients who are just showing the first signs of aging and who are only beginning to notice fine wrinkles at the corners of their eyes.
What is a Brow Lift?
The brow lift is a cosmetic surgery procedure that focuses on the forehead, the brow and the upper face. During this procedure, Dr. Schaffer eliminates excess skin while simultaneously tightening the facial tissue in the affected areas to reduce deep lines on the face. Ultimately, patients are provided with a more youthful appearance.
Top Reasons to Get a Brow Lift
- This procedure can reduce the impact of low, sagging brows.
- Deep forehead wrinkles may be minimized.
- Your hairline may be enhanced by this surgery.
- Deep lines may improve, possibly alleviating the look of constant stress, frustration or sadness.
Reasons to Avoid a Brow Lift
A brow lift may not be the right procedure for you if your brow already sits high on your forehead. If the brow lift is not the best fit, Dr. Schaffer will work with you to create a personalized cosmetic surgery plan that meets your needs and complements your natural features.
Types of Brow Lifts
- Endoscopic Brow Lift — This minimally-invasive procedure is commonly known as the forehead lift. Tiny incisions are made in the hairline, and the surgeon eliminates excess skin from the forehead in order to minimize the impact of wrinkles and sagging skin above the brow.
- Internal Browpexy — This minimally-invasive procedure is performed in tandem with a blepharoplasty to reduce drooping or sagging skin on the upper eyelid.
- Direct Brow Lift — This procedure is performed when patients are looking for specific and artistic results. During this procedure, the surgeon makes incisions above the brows in order to reshape and resize the brow as needed.
- Temporal Brow Lift — This procedure is performed on patients who do not require intense or dramatic results. During this procedure, the surgeon will work to minimize minor wrinkles on the outskirts of the brow near the temple.
Start Living Life BeautifullySchedule a Consultation
Blepharoplasty vs Brow Lift FAQs
Does the blepharoplasty procedure provide natural-looking results?
Yes, you will still look like yourself—just a younger, more refreshing version of yourself.
How does the brow lift impact my expressions? Will I always have a surprised or scared look on my face?
Dr. Schaffer works closely with his patients to provide personalized results, and he strives to create a natural, rejuvenated appearance for all of his patients. By partnering with his patients, Dr. Schaffer is able to reduce unintended or unwanted results.
Am I a good candidate for the blepharoplasty procedure?
Schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Schaffer to determine if this is the best procedure for you.
Does the blepharoplasty eliminate wrinkles around the eyes?
The blepharoplasty is not the best procedure for reducing wrinkles around the eyes. If you are interested in reducing the signs of aging on your face, including minimizing the appearance of wrinkles around your eyes, schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Schaffer to determine your best options.
Find Out if Blepharoplasty is Right For You
Dr. Christopher Schaffer is known for his personalized approach to cosmetic surgery. Not only will he provide you with detailed information about the blepharoplasty and the brow lift procedures, but he will also work with you to determine which procedure is best for you. To learn more about his innovative approach, set up a consultation appointment with Dr. Schaffer in Birmingham, AL, today.
Blepharoplasty Gallery <p><small>Actual patients and results. Please note results may vary.</small></p>